We are all looking for the next big thing? I can remember telling my grandfather about a company that had a funny name but it was doing wild things with early searching. Yup, I told him about Yahoo. He invested a little bit, not in the beginning , but was able to cash out before the Internet bubble blew up in everyone’s face.
I told him before he died about the cool things that I would find, trying to get his acceptance.
I swear he had to think I was crazy 18 year old kid but when I hit, I hit good. When I didn’t it made me mad. I wanted to be on the ground floor of something cool.
Recently I have had a bunch of things that I thought were cool all get gobbled up:
I loved Grand Central , then they got gobbled up by Google.
I thought Bloglines was incredible, but then Ask.com took it, stripped it and shut it down before it was revived by Merchant Circle. (BTW, I’m still pissed off that I lost all my saved previous favorite blog entries.)
I think that there are great things out there for us to try:
I still have people at the corporate office who have no idea why having a Klout score over 20 is so important and social media is still in its infancy.
I know some of you think that Social Media is in its prime right now. Those of you who went to CES 2012 saw Intel’s Social Cockpit and was amazed by the information that can be gathered now.
I think that Social Media/ SEO and all the buzz words out there mean NOTHING without one thing.
It doesn’t matter if I have 200 people or 200,000 people reading my site, Facebook, Twitter feeds etc, if my content isn’t targeted and to a point. Doesn’t matter what the point is, it has to have a point. Read more…
- @DrChako Good Luck sir… in reply to DrChako #
- @gentleman_jim WPBT Winter gathering… in reply to gentleman_jim #
- @_otis_ That is the BEST Bounty EVAH! in reply to _otis_ #
- @bloodyp But did you get pulled over for AWI? (Awassaling while intoxicated) ? in reply to bloodyp #
- @bloodyp Remember safe Awassaling is the only way to go! Wrap that awassal least once #pervertedawassaling #whereisdawnsummerswhenineedher in reply to bloodyp #
- @realdawnsummers Wow, Belachek must have been channeling his inner Mike Leach #FAIL #DawnSummerseatscrow #patslosedapatslooooose in reply to realdawnsummers #
- @JuliusGoat I could have used one more pass to Wes Welker #welkercouldhavemadethatfirstdownandicouldhavewonmygameinsteadoflosingbytwo in reply to JuliusGoat #
- @BillCurnow Have you seen "The Shack's" evolution to a phone and video game store? Continued path to irrelevance… in reply to BillCurnow #
- @AstinTO or at least you dont have to scroll your head to read the entire passage… in reply to AstinTO #
- Good Morning @realdawnsummers @AstinTO and the rest of the twitterverse. in reply to realdawnsummers #
- @realdawnsummers I knew you'd appreciate this… http://www.globalsportsfraternity.com/home/football/2009/11/19/jabba-the-rex/ But GO JETS #
- @_jjok_ That and a dose of Benadryl. in reply to _jjok_ #
This work by Sean A. Donahue is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.